Every spring the Society of Illustrators hosts the MoCCA Arts Festival in NYC. I’ve been going for several years now and always come home with a wonderful selection of hand-made comics, mass published graphic novels, and original prints. It’s one of the largest smallest comics-focused arts show in the city; definitely worth checking out next year if you missed it.
This year’s was different from previous years because the venue was moved from the Armory on the east side to a multi-story gallery space on the west side in Chelsea. I didn’t like the layout or security but it was kind of a fancy pants building.
More importantly, at MoCCA Fest I bought quite a few wonderful and beautiful things from some wonderful and talented artists.
- Intergalactic Desk Calendar by Michele Rosenthal (see it in action)
- Invincible Summer 2015 Calendar by Nicole J. Georges
- Tomboy by Liz Prince
- Robert Moses: The Master Builder of New York City by Pierre Christin and Olivier Balez
- Pun Greeting Cards from Ana Carmichael
- Taco Greeting Card from Cuddles and Rage (Liz & Jimmy Reed)
- Set of Cards from Instant Rabbit (Boyeon Choi, Hye Jin Chung, and Hyunyoung Kim)
- Hockey comic by Molly Brooks