I know what you’re thinking, why make pudding when it comes in a little box for a buck? To you I say, why not? Here’s what comes in that little box: cocoa powder, white sugar, corn starch. That’s it! Surely those are easy enough for us to mix together ourselves.
Now, there are fancier home-made pudding versions out there with eggs and all but if you’re having a craving for chocolate pudding and don’t have anyone famous to impress, this is the recipe to use.
I made this on the stove-top but you can easily make this in the microwave. Seriously!
Homemade Stovetop Chocolate Pudding
- 1/2C white sugar
- 1/3C cocoa powder
- 3T cornstarch
- 2C milk
- 2t vanilla extract
What To Do
- Mix sugar, cocoa powder, and cornstarch together in a pot
- Stir in milk – turn on stove to medium/high heat
- Stir stir stir until the mixture is boiling
- Stir for 1 minute more – it should look like pudding now; smooth and glossy on top
- Remove from heat, stir in vanilla
- Put in refrigerator for 1+ hour to set; preferably over night
For the microwave version, once everything is mixed together, microwave for 3 minute intervals while stirring in between until mixture is thickened and smooth on top.